We often wonder what foods are the healthiest after all, they say "You are what you eat"
Including nutritious food in our diet is key to live a healthy lifestyle. This includes whole foods, grains, fruits, greens and vegetables. So, here's a list of healthy foods that are easily available and you can include in your diet:
- Oats : Oats are a whole-grain cereal usually grown in Europe and North America. They are very rich in fiber and antioxidants. Oats are considered a super-food as they are widely consumed to prevent heart disease and bring down the bad cholestrol levels. You can add blueberries, yogurt or peanut butter and enjoy your healthy oatmeal(porridge).
- Spinach : Dark, leafy greens are extremely beneficial to the body. They are loaded with nutrients such as vitamin A,C,K, vitamins, fiber, calcium, iron etc. It is also known to ward of cancer and chronic diseases.
- Tea : Tea is always a good idea. It has proven to prevent various diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and may also help in weight loss. Tea helps to keep your bones healthy and has loads of antioxidants. Tea is also known to bring about mental alertness and prevents strokes.
- Nuts : Nuts come packe with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Studies have also shown that people who consume nuts often tend to live longer than those who do not.Consuming nuts is also known to prevent any chronic diseases and nuts are well known to keep your heart healthy. Almonds, pistachios, cashews, walnuts, pecans are some nuts you can consider including in your diet.
- Oranges : Oranges are some of my favorite fruits to eat. They are filled with vitamin-C and also contain antioxidants. A lot of people consume a glass of fresh orange juice in the morning as they are great sources of fiber. It helps boost immunity and skin health.
- Carrots : Carrots can be eaten raw and cooked(I love them raw because they are super crunchy). They are loaded with antioxidants and are said to be good for your eyesight.
- Garlic : Garlic is said to be very good for the immune system but has very few calories. It is a staple in many cuisines. Consuming one clove of garlic a day helps to cut down on the bad cholestrol levels. But you have to keep in mind that consuming too much garlic can turn out extremely toxic.